Monday 2 September 2013

10 Uses For Vaseline

I'm pretty sure a pot of Vaseline 'Petroleum Jelly' can be found in most homes but it's never really given much thought. It's most commonly used on lips to soothe them and make them smoother. However, you may or may not know that it has oh-so-many more wonderful uses that will save you a lot of money, time and effort.


1. Moisturiser
This is great for moisturising elbows, knees and even you're face! It's a brilliant moisturiser and doesn't clog your pores (despite what everyone says).

2. Thickens and Lengthens Eyelashes
When I first heard this I was somewhat reluctant to rub vaseline on my eyelashes. However, I've been doing this before I go to bed so it's on overnight (you only need a small amount) and it's starting to work! 

3. Stops Nail Varnish Caps from Sticking 
I can't tell you the amount of times I've tried opening my nail varnish to find that the cap is stuck down by dried nail varnish. The end result is usually bits of dried nail varnish all over my floor and/or me dropping the whole pot and making a huge mess. This is a handy trick that just makes nail painting a little less stressful!

4. Maintaining Perfume Scent
This is so useful for me, especially when I'm out all day and I need my perfume to last. Before you spray it on your wrists/neck etc. just put a small amount of vaseline on and it really helps it last longer!

5. Mix with Lipstick to Make a Cream Blusher
I haven't actually had a chance to try this out yet but it sounds like a really good idea. Especially if you just want something subtle and it saves money!

6. Help Disguise Split Ends
You only need a very small amount but it just helps to temporarily hide your split ends until your next haircut. You can also rub some vaseline between your hands and scrunch it through your hair, it adds a bit of texture (again, don't use too much).

7. Removes Makeup
I was actually quite surprised by how well this works! If I just need to neaten up my eye makeup or there's a small amount that needs taking off I put a bit on the end of a cotton bud and it removes makeup really efficiently. You can use it to take off all your makeup, it's not just necessarily for neatening makeup.

8. Mix with Sea Salt to Make a Scrub
I love doing this as it's so easy and is a great alternative if you've run out of exfoliater/scrub. It's obviously quite basic but it moisturises and exfoliates your skin! 

9. Apply to Cheeks 
Other than moisturising, it also makes your skin/cheeks look naturally dewy and glowing. You only need a small amount though otherwise it could make skin look oily.

10. Taming Eyebrows
I find this really useful because my eyebrows are quite unruly so a little bit of vaseline (tiny amount) helps keep them in place. It also makes plucking easier and less painful.

I know there are a lot more uses so let me know what you think of this post and also if you have any other uses for vaseline! I would love to hear your feedback :)

Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment