Friday 30 August 2013

August Favourites

So this month I've discovered (or re-discovered) a lot of products, some I loved and some I didn't. August is coming to an end and I'm going to share with you some of my favourite products that I have been using throughout the month!
Also, I have been loving the sleek face form palette (£9.99) but I have mentioned it before so I don't want to bore you all by rambling on about something you may have already heard me talk about!
My first item I've actually had for a while but I forgot about it until I was rummaging through my makeup bag and decided to start using again. It's the Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner. I really like it because it's so easy to apply and I like the felt tip. The colour is really vivid as well! 

£6

My next favourite is the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lip Balm with SPF 15. This product was recommended to me by http://myblondebeautylife.blogspot.co.uk/. It's so soft and it smells amazing! It has kept my lips moisturised and the shape is really nice as well. 


£1.89

I've just realised that Soap & Glory features quite a lot in this post so I apologise about that but I couldn't miss out this product! It's the Sugar Crush Body Scrub. I cannot put into words how 
good this smells! The description says it's 'smashed brown sugar, sweet lime, almond oil and macadamia grains'. I wish I could transport the smell through to your computer/phone screens but I can't, so you will just have to take my word for it! It's great for dry skin as well, I use it in the shower and it leaves my legs really soft.

£8 

The next product isn't really an item as such, it's a shop. I had been a few times before, but this summer I have become slightly obsessed with Primark to the point where I find it almost impossible to leave without buying at least two things. I don't know why I'm so late to properly acknowledge it but oh well, better late than never! It's so so cheap and I can buy 5 things for the same price as one thing in Topshop or somewhere similar. Having said that, I don't love their clothes as much as Topshop/urban outfitters but I think it's partly the novelty of having cheap clothes. 


A few things I've bought from Primark recently.

My next item has been so handy this summer. It's the Simple Hydromist Spray. It says it has a 'perfect blend of active ingredients and lotus flower goodness'. To me, it just feels like water but I'm sure it does good. In the hot weather it has been so handy as just a quick spray insantly cools me down and it doesn't smudge your makeup! I carry it around in my bag as it's quite small but also leave it on my bedside table if I get a bit hot at night. Simple claims that it gives your skin a boost but to be honest, I haven't noticed that it boosts your skin because I haven't been by a mirror when I spray it but it feels really fresh. 

£5.99

My next item is the Barry M Hi Shine Gelly Nail Polishes in 'Satsuma' and 'Dragon Fruit'. I bought these a while ago but have started using them again as the colours are summery and the nail varnish lasts a long time. I only need one coat of these and they look really shiny and the colour is really vibrant. I will definitely be buying some darker colours for autumn/winter! I think these are probably the best nail polishes I've tried. I especially love the orange colour as it's so bright and summery, they look good on my toenails as well! 

£3.99 each

And yet another Soap & Glory product! This is the last one, I promise. It's the big makeup bag which I bought at the beginning of this month after my old makeup bag could no longer fit everything in. This makeup bag is just the perfect size for all my makeup but it's not too big either. I love the design as well! On the inside, there's lots of space (it's black which is great as it doesn't show up makeup marks) and there's a pocket as well which I use for my brushes. 

£10 

My next item/items(?) have been very well loved this summer. They are my studded sandals from Office. I love these as they are perfect for the beach and are quite casual but can also be worn with a smarter outfit. They're so comfortable as well and I love the tan colour because it goes with everything! I'm going to miss wearing these very much in the winter. I can't remember exactly how much they were but I think they were around £35 - £40.  

(They're not in the best state, I know) 

My final August favourite is Mumford & Sons' album 'Babel'. I love Mumford & Sons and was totally obsessed with their previous album, 'Sigh No More'. This one did not fail to impress either and it has been my favourite thing to listen to this summer. I was lucky enough to see them in concert at the Olympic Park in June/July and they were insaaanely good! Couldn't recommend this album enough. 

£10 
A couple of snaps from the concert.

That's everything!
Thank you for reading, I hope you liked it!
Let me know what you think about the items I mentioned, or any of your favourites this summer! I would love to hear from you :) 
Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment