Wednesday 21 August 2013

My Favourite Eyeshadow Palettes

I love wearing eyeshadow and I'm always keen to try out new colours but find it difficult to choose colours that go well together. I love using a palette because all the colours compliment eachother so nicely!

TOPSHOP SMOKEY EYE PALETTE; 'GOLDEN AURA'

£12
I use this almost everyday and it's brilliant for creating a natural smokey eye. I love the packaging, it's really cute and there's a good sized mirror as well. It also comes with an applicator which is useful too.
The colours are really warm and natural. I use the two lightest colours most days but the darker colours could also be worn during the day too. They're fairly pigmented but have to be built up a bit. They're quite shimmery and the colours complement eachother really nicely. I sometimes use the colours as an eyeliner which works well. However, the lightest colours are not very pigmented and the colour is not particularly long lasting but overall this is a brilliant palette! 

SOAP & GLORY LID STUFF; "SMOKEY DOKEY"

£10
I use this palette less often than the Topshop one because I think it's better for the evening or if your going out. Having said that, I do think it is more pigmented and long lasting. There are also 2 other palettes with different colours that I want to try out. I love Soap & Glory packaging and I think that it's a reasonable price given the quality of the product. 

The colours in this palette are so pretty and are perfect for a smokey eye. The two lightest colours are really shimmery whereas 'smokin' is a matte colour. I also love the glitter in the darkest shade 'black gold'. I also sometimes use the darker colours as an eyeliner which also creates a really nice effect. 
However, I do feel like the colour 'black gold' looks better in the palette as not much of the glitter actually transfers onto my eye.

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this!

Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment