Saturday 24 August 2013

Beached

One of my favourite places in the world is Bantham/Bigbury beach in South Devon. We've been holidaying there all my life and it never gets old.

A few years ago I had my very first surfing lesson and absolutely loved it! If you have lessons with an instructor it's fairly easy to pick up and it's so much fun! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to keep it up for long periods of time seeing as I live in the city but last year I bought my own board.

Although I'm barely able to stand up it's the most fun and most addictive sport. I recommend it to anyone, even if you only holiday occasionally by the sea.

Today in particular, the surf was great. There were so many people out, all ages! Despite slipping off my board, drowning and generally being battered a few too many times, I had a lot of fun! 

I thought I would share a few photos.







While I was in the sea, I couldn't help but notice the professional surfers further out who just cut through the waves so effortlessly. They were doing tricks and all sorts and I have to admit I was very jealous. Thankfully, it wasn't long before a monster wave knocked me out of my daydream!

The beach is one of my favourite places to be and I always leave feeling really refreshed and happy. 

This was a bit different I know but I hope you liked reading it! 

Ruby



No comments:

Post a Comment